Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

What Do I Do?

Dear Queen-
I just got back to having a relationship with my Mom.  She has been in prison for most of my life and she never raised me or my sisters, but I have been trying to give her a chance.  I want to love her an forgive her . . . but it's hard to not remember how she left us.  What do I do?   -  R.K.

Dear R.K.-

That's a hard one.  I would say that forgiveness is essential if you want to progress, because if you don't forgive, you will be walking around with that pain in your heart for a lifetime.  You will feel anger, disappointment, hurt and all of these emotions may be confusing.  But remember, your Mom made her choices in life.  You can CHOOSE to love, forgive and heal. 

I think that it would be helpful to express your emotions to your Mom, or someone that you trust.  Expressing your feelings will be the first step to healing.  Your Mom may not be ready to accept the wrong that she has done, but at least you will feel some freedom from carrying the weight of the past.

I pray that you and your Mom work things out, and will continue to pray for you.

over-n-out

No comments:

Post a Comment