Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today's Question: Do Black Women Hate Themselves?

I have been thinking this question over for some time lately.  I have been wondering, what is SO wrong with kinky hair?  I see women in droves buying wigs, weaves, extensions, perms, etc., trying to conceal the fact that their hair might not look long and stringy. 

Talking to women in my family and beyond, I have heard the word 'nappy' paralleled to 'ugly', as if by having hair that isn't straight is an abomination.  But isn't an abomination anything that goes against God?  And if God made your in His image and likeness and you are fighting so hard to go against that . . . does that make US (black women) an abomination?

I am guilty of it myself.  I have a huge gym bag at home FULL of wigs.  My excuse was that I was letting my natural hair grow so I would hide it under the wigs.  Was I really that brainwashed to feel like people would dislike me, or somehow feel I wasn't beautiful because my hair wasn't fake?

Let me know what you think . . .

Over-N-Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment