Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

What About Me?

Sometimes I think that being a woman . . . especially a Black woman . . . should come with a manual and standard Superhero uniform.  We wear a lot of hats and take care of our family, friends, children and men.  The question comes in . . . who is taking care of us?

I can't tell you the countless women I see who have declining health:  overweight, high blood pressure, diabetes, inactive, etc., all because they expend the majority of their energy taking care of someone else.  Ladies, I understand that someone has to be there to pick up the slack for the brothers have failed to fulfill their purpose.  But realize that you CANNOT do your best for anyone else unless you are at your best. 

I am not just preaching, I am practicing myself.  I realize that it's important to make time for myself and to make sure that I'm building up my own temple.  The people that need/use you today will find someone new to need/use when you are out of commission. 

So do me a favor . . . Be GOOD to yourself!

over-n-out

p.s.  Just want to give a shout out to Norway for all of the love . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment