Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daddy's Girls

Yesterday I had a meeting with 15 girls aged 12 - 14.  Our  question for the day was how many of them live in homes with just one parent.  All 15 young women raised their hands . . . then one put her hand down suddenly.  She said, "Well I have been living with my Mom, but my Dad gets out of prison in a few weeks so I will have them both in the house."

SAD

The young ladies talked about how their father's were missing . . . some who have never seen their father.  They were full of emotion and anger and to be honest I can't blame them.  Some girls felt as if their father's absence was their fault. 

I know that there are men in the world who raise their children and support them, both mentally and physically, but for those of you who have not been doing that. . . start today.  The rejected girls of today are tomorrow's broken women, looking for that "Daddy" in the wrong type of men, suffering from low self esteem or even suffering from substance abuse.

You owe it to your daughters to be there.

Over-n-out

No comments:

Post a Comment