Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

For The Love . . .

I have been dragged through the dirt for love . . . I have done things and given my heart only to be hurt in the end.  But the saddest part is, I have done it more than once.  So what is the problem with me?  Why did dysfunctional love SEEM so normal?

Most relationships that I see these days are severely unbalanced. I think this is because most of us were not taught the proper way to love. . . we didn't witness loving relationships.

I don't want our youth to make the same love mistakes that we have. We need to teach them to love and respect themselves so that the next generation won't be so "Love Dumb".

over-n-out

1 comment:

  1. Again, I'm different my parents were married for over 60 years to that union 13 children were born. I had the example but I didn't follow the example. Actually I didn't have the appreciation an or self respect required to fully grasp what I was witnessing. 3 Children later and a life as a single mom I NOW yearn for "balanced love". Most often who we end up with has to do with how we view ourselves. I back then thought too highly of myself and the good men, let me add the good black men, I ran through. The ones I wound up supporting could barely take care of themselves and counted on me, had a drug habit, was verbally abusive, and selfishly abandoned his children an is now living with another woman raising her children as he neglect his own. Yes he is black as well but I've had more good men in my life then bad ones. Just crazy how we choose Mr. Wrong over Mr. Right or Mr. Okay, those days are behind me. Mr. Right For Me, is the only one that will due and yes he will have to be black.

    ReplyDelete