Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Getting Back Up

My name is Buttrfli Jones, and I have a confession to make:

I AM NOT PERFECT

I will not always do everything the way that people expect me to.  I will not always say the right thing.  I will not live up to societal standards.  I will fall occasionally. 

But one thing that is important to know about me is that I will always get back up, regardless of how many times I fall.  I see people who have given up on life . . . resigning themselves to accept whatever happens in life as their fate.  They live unhappy, unfulfilled lives and accept their daily existence as their lot.  I was once a person who was afraid to get back up, thinking that it was easier to just stay defeated.

I had to tell myself, just as I am telling you, to not accept defeat as definite.  Remember, if babies stayed down every time they fell, they would never learn how to walk.   If they never learned to walk, they would never learn how to run.  We can never reach our full potential until we get back up when we fail/fall.

One day we will all run . . .

over-n-out

No comments:

Post a Comment