Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Keep It Moving

Today when I was driving I came to a stoplight.  There was a gentleman walking across the street, and I could tell that he had trouble walking.  It looked like one of his legs was shorter than the other.  I felt sorry for him, hoping that no one was making fun of him and the way that he walked.

When he reached the other side of the street, my feelings of sympathy turned to a feeling of admiration.  He did not let his disability keep him from making the trek across the street.  He knew that he had somewhere he was going to, and he was determined to get there.  Rather than feeling sorry for him for how he walked, I focused on the fact that he was walking. 

At times we can look at our shortcomings and limitations and use them as an excuse to remain stagnant and afraid to move.  If we have to walk funny, crawl or have someone help us, we have to KEEP MOVING.  If I could go back to that moment today, I would give him a hug and thank him for being my inspiration. 

Thank You, God for giving me the strength to keep going.  No matter what . . . I will KEEP MOVING!

Over-n-out

No comments:

Post a Comment