Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Dark Meat

I was watching a television program where black women were being interviewed, and the women stated that although they were black, they would NEVER date a black man.  They said that they believed that black men were no good and that white men would treat them better.

Now, I believe that if you find love in any race or color, you should go for it and not be prejudiced.  HOWEVER, it seemed like a bit of self-hate for women to say that ALL black men were bad.  I wonder what makes our people believe that other races are superior when it comes to dating?  It is okay for them to prefer white men, but to categorize their brothers seems a bit extreme.  What are your thoughts?

over-n-out

1 comment:

  1. I'm different I will only date black men. I'm a black woman an I understand our black men have issues but all races of men have various issues you just have to pick and choose which issues you're willing to tolerate. We women are not perfect either. I think our people get it twisted because of what is televised. White people have better jobs and good credit, well there are many black men that have good jobs and good credit we're just selecting the wrong ones. I can't give up on the black man because if I do I'm giving up not only on myself but on my black sons as well, I can't do that.

    ReplyDelete